A NATIVE OF COMANCHE, TEXAS, CHANCE BEGAN HIS CAREER IN OIL AND GAS AS A FIELD LANDMAN AND TITLE EXAMINATION ATTORNEY IN SOUTH TEXAS. THEREAFTER, HE ACCEPTED A POSITION AS FIELD LANDMAN AND EVENTUALLY AS AN IN-HOUSE LANDMAN WORKING THE BARNETT SHALE PLAY.
During his time working the Barnett Shale, Chance decided he wanted to follow his entrepreneurial roots and led the effort to start a law firm specializing in oil and gas law. Mazurek & Holliday, PC, merely an idea in 2008, has grown to include over 15 attorneys.
A devoted family man, he is married to Kendall Mazurek. He also has two children, Logan Mazurek and Thomas “Penn” Mazurek V. Chance is a member of St. David’s Episcopal Church in Terrell Hills, Texas. He enjoys competing in endurance sports, having finished Ironman Coeur D’alene in 2010 and having qualified for the 2016 World Duathlon Championships in Zurich, Switzerland.
Professional & Community Involvement:
- St. David’s Episcopal Day School – Board Chair
- Gus Owen Stephens Foundation – Board Member
- Louise H. Batz Patient Safety Foundation – Board Member
- Rotary Club of San Antonio – Member
- Young Members Board of the Rotary Club of San Antonio – Member
- San Antonio Bar Association Foundation Fellow
- Meals on Wheels – Route Director
- American Association of Professional Landmen – Member
- San Antonio Association of Professional Landmen – Member
- Permian Basin Association of Professional Landmen – Member
- San Antonio Scene – 2015 and 2017 Best S.A. Lawyers
- Aggie 100 – 2014 Member